It is the policy of California State University to seek a safe and meaningful experiences for students participating in academic internships and service-learning placements. To reduce the likelihood of physical injury, property damage, and liability exposure, the university has developed policies, procedures and guidelines to reduce the risk to students in such programs. Potential placement sites must review and sign a learning agreement in order to host CSUF students.
General guidelines for hosting academic interns and/or service-learners
- Provide a clear position description for the internship or service-learning experience
- The position must be related to an academic field of study available at Cal State Fullerton
- At least 80% of the position should consist of pre-professional or professionally related work assignments and tasks; clerical work should be kept to a minimum
- Provide intern or service-learner with consistent supervision by a professional staff
- Provide student with an orientation to the host site and his or her specific assignments
- Meet with and provide feedback to the student on a regular basis
- Students are not permitted to drive or transport clients during their internship or service-learning hours
To see a sample copy of the Agreement, click here.