Program Info & Benefits
What isTitan Tutors? Titan Tutors is a partnership between CICE and Project Access, which provides health, education and employment services to families, children and seniors living in low-income housing communities throughout California. The program is designed to keep K-12 students engaged in their education through on-site programming and tutoring. Titan Tutors are placed at Project Access Resource Centers under the guidance of Project Access staff.
What does a Titan Tutor do? The goal of a Titan Tutor is to provide extra direction, one-on-one attention and mentorship to students in order to ensure their academic success. Titan Tutors are paid at a rate of $9.75 hour and are part-time employees of CICE.
What are the benefits of being a Titan Tutor?
- Résumé building experience in tutoring, interpersonal communication skills, and mentoring.
- Serve your community and help grow future generations.
- Gain personal and professional development skills through trainings and work experience.
- Gain personal and professional development skills.
- Flexible schedule around your education.
- Position does NOT require Federal Work Study (FWS), and is open to all majors and class levels.
What are the requirements to become a Titan Tutor?
- Desire to work with youth.
- Minimum 3.0 grade point average.
- Strong reading, writing, and math skills.
- Possess maturity, respect for youth, ability to listen with patience and an open mind.
- Communicate effectively with youth and supervisors.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Previous tutoring experience desired, but not required.
Apply to be a Titan Tutor
How to apply?
Now hiring for Project Access sites in Cypress, Harbor City or Santa Ana. We may also have other location openings in the future. To apply, please e-mail your résumé to ARC/Titan Tutor Assistant Coordinator at email@example.com.
Project Access Resource Centers
Project Access Family Resource Center at The Palms
2010 S Batson Ave., Rowland Heights CA 91748
Project Access Family Resource Center at North Hills
570 E Imperial Hwy, Fullerton CA 92835
Project Access Family Resource Center at Malabar
9777 Bixby Ave, Garden Grove CA 92841
Project Access Family Resource Center at Tara Village
5201 Lincoln Ave, Cypress CA 90630
Project Access Family Resource Center at Harbor Village
981 Harbor Village Drive, Harbor City CA 90710
Project Access Family Resource Center at Warwick Square
780 S Lyon St, Santa Ana CA 92705
Center for Internships & Community Engagement
California State University, Fullerton
800 N. State College Blvd., LH 206
Fullerton CA 92831
Phone: (657) 278-3746