2019-2020 Sabbatical Leaves
UPS 260.102 as well as Article 27 of the Unit 3 Collective Bargaining Agreement govern the granting of Sabbatical leaves to eligible faculty. It is recommended that eligible candidates review both thoroughly prior to submitting an application.
In order to be considered for a sabbatical leave, eligible faculty must submit the Sabbatical Leave Application, Narrative, and CV. The due date for applications is Monday, October 15th, 2018, at 5:00 P.M. Applications will be submitted through an online application process.
Faculty awarded leaves must submit a Professional Leave Report at the conclusion of their Sabbatical.
SABBATICAL LEAVE APPLICATION
- Applicants will be required to complete an online Application and to upload an Application Narrative and Abbreviated Curriculum Vitae.
- Only PDF file formats will be accepted.
- All applicants must complete final submission by Monday, October 15, 2018 by 5:00 PM in order to be considered for a sabbatical. The online application will be locked at this time, ensuring all applicants meet the deadline.
Please refer to the Sabbatical Application User Guide and the Sabbatical Submission Instruction Guide for additional details.
RESOURCES AND INFORMATION
- Eligibility (list to be posted by Sept. 14)
- Sabbatical – Frequently Asked Questions
- Rubric for Evaluating Sabbatical Leave Applications
- Sabbatical Submission Instructions 2019-2020
- Sabbatical Application User Guide 2019-2020
- Professional Leave Report Format
- Request Additional Employment During Leave Form
|Application Deadline||October 15, 2018 by 5:00 PM|
|Committee Review Process||November 2018|
|Administrative Process||December 2018|
|Provost’s Office Process||January 2019|
|Decision Letters to Applicants||February 2019|
If you have questions regarding Sabbaticals, please contact FAR at ext. 2125. or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligibility Requirements for Sabbatical and Difference-in-Pay
Probationary and Tenured Faculty, Full-Time Lecturers, Full-Time Librarians and Full-Time Academic-Related Counselors (SSP-AR) may be eligible for Sabbatical/DIP leave. Faculty must have served full-time for six years in the preceding seven year period prior to taking their first sabbatical or DIP leave. Thereafter, faculty must have full-time service for 3 years prior to taking a subsequent DIP leave or 6 years prior to taking a subsequent sabbatical leave. Please contact FAR with questions about eligibility.