Skip to Content (Press Enter)

 California State University, Fullerton



Text Size: Small Text Medium Text Large Text

Below please find information to assist you in completing the documentation for the H1-B petition.

NOTE: It is your responsibility to obtain the proper work authorization and to pay any related fees.
Any information provided by CSUF Faculty Affairs should be used as a resource but should not be taken
as official information or a guarantee for an USCIS approval. It is suggested that you contact an attorney
regarding perm residency as soon as possible.


Document List for Petitioner (CSUF FAR) to complete for H1-B Visa

CSUF Prepares:

  • Cover Letter from the petitioner: California State University Fullerton  
  • Request for premium processing service I-907 (If applicable)  
  • I-129 and Supplement H Forms  
  • H1-B Data Collection and Filing Fee Exemption: I-129W  
  • Copy of approved Labor Condition Application  
  • Notice to Union

Supplemental Documentation/Information for beneficiary (faculty seeking H1-B visa) to provide.
(This list may vary depending on the situation) 

All new and renewing H1B applicants are required to submit the following:

  • Copy of beneficiary's employment authorization card (if applicable)
  • Copy of beneficiary's PhD and or Master's Diploma
  • Copy of transcript of beneficiary for PhD and or Master's
  • Address of the institution(s) conferring degree
  • Resume of beneficiary
  • Check made payable to U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY in US dollars on a US Banking institution of $325.00
  • If your passport is expiring within the next 18 months, renew as soon as possible (renewal only) Copy of any new passport stamps since last application  

 If you are currently outside the U.S.

  • What is your arrival date in the U.S.?  
  • What is the address of the embassy you will be using?  
  • Do you have a United States Social Security Card? If so give number.  
  • Did you receive your PhD outside of the U.S.? If so provide English translation of proof of degree/equivalency.

If new to CSUF and currently in the U.S.

  • If you are in the U.S. and plan to travel internationally prior to your start date, what is your return date?  
  • Paycheck stubs for last 3 months if previously at another University or if status is OPT.  
  • Copy of your passport including all stamps since entering the U.S.  
  • Copy of your visa and current I-94  
  • Copy of current documentation of F-1, J-1, TN, H-1 or other status  

If you have dependents (spouse, children) the following will also be required:

  • Copy of dependent (spouse, children) information if H-4 visa is needed
  • I-539 Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status for dependents completed and signed Renewing:
  • Passport, current or prior visa, birth certificate or marriage certificate as appropriate and separate check payable to U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
    in US dollars on a US Banking institution of $290.00 for each dependent

Useful Websites:

U.S. Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration:


Immigration and Naturalization Service:

USCIS Welcome