State University Grant Program Changes
State University Grant > New Limits
Due to the on-going budget constraints and in an effort to award State University Grant funds to eligible students on track for graduation, the CSU has adopted new policies effective Fall 2013 for the State University Grant (SUG) program. Students are subject to these changes beginning Fall 2013, regardless of when they may have initially received a SUG award or begun attendance at a CSU. State University Grant is limited to students who
- Have not completed more than 150 undergraduate units in their CSU undergraduate career.
- As an undergraduate transfer student to CSU, has not completed more than 75 semester units at a CSU campus.
- Teacher Credential students cannot have completed more than 30 units.
- Graduate students cannot exceed more than 125% earned units required for the program.
- All SUG eligible students must be enrolled in at least six units to receive payment.
- Students who are completing a second Bachelor's, a second credential, or a second Masters or Doctorate degree are not eligible.
In addition to the above limitations, students must meet other eligibility criteria and be enrolled in at least 6 units to be eligible. Contact the Office of Financial Aid for any questions regarding these new policies.