AAPIFSA (Asian American Pacific Islander Faculty Staff Association) was founded in 1993 by Dr. Ellen Junn. Since that time, AAPIFSA members helped to build and shape the API community on campus. It has supported API students both through scholarships and financial support for various API activities, including the annual API Graduation Recognition Ceremony. AAPIFSA recognizes and takes pride in the growing numbers of Asian and Pacific islanders who work at Cal State Fullerton and strives to mentor new API faculty and staff and to maintain a supportive API community.
Want to help? We meet at noon the second Friday of every month so come join us in person or on Zoom. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We operate solely on donations. If you would like to make a donation, please visit our Support AAPIFSA page.
The mission of AAPIFSA is to bring together members of the CSUF faculty and staff in order to promote an inclusive and equitable campus climate for all groups:
- to provide support in the hiring, retention, and promotion of AAPI students, faculty, staff, and administrators
- to network among the members of the organization
- to empower individuals in the organization to become more actively involved
Help support our mission with a donation. To learn more about our mission, visit the About us page.
Goals & Objectives
- Help AAPI students achieve educational excellence and to respond proactively to the needs of the Asian and Asian-related student body.
- Help raise money for the Book Scholarship Fund
- Promote a campus climate that is sensitive, representative and fair to all ethnic groups
- Acknowledge and celebrate the commonalities in the Asian cultures amidst their diversity and to build a strong social network and effective linkages with the University administration
Upcoming Events wll resume in August 2023
Drop-in Lunch will resume in August
Every Thursday (11:30am to 1pm) at Club 57
Bring or buy food. Make a friend. Look for our AAPIFSA sign
VISIBLE: SEEING BEYOND BIAS
Pollack Library Second Floor Terrace
Uncurated Viewing (April - June):
Monday - Thursday: 7am-midnight
Friday: 7am - 5pm
Saturday & Sunday 9am - 5pm
Join AAPIFSA's next Board Meeting
Check back in August
Send an email for more info: email@example.com
APISAA Recognition Celebration
Saturday, May 20, 2023 (11am) at TSU Pavilion
Join APARC, AAPIFSA and Asian American Studies as they host the 2023 APISAA Recognition Ceremony. Find more information here.
Congratulations Class of 2023!!
The Colors of the APISAA MOSAIC: Piecing together our Diverse Stories
CSUF Celebrates Lunar New Year
CSUF Finance Professor Lingxiao Li is honored for research on relationship between housing market and consumer spending by Daniel Coats
A Conversation with California State University APIDA Presidents by Alisia Ruble