AAPIFSA (Asian American Pacific Islander Faculty Staff Association) was founded in 1993 by Dr. Ellen Junn. Since that time, AAPIFSA members helped to build and shape the API community on campus. It has supported API students both through scholarships and financial support for various API activities, including the annual API Graduation Recognition Ceremony. AAPIFSA recognizes and takes pride in the growing numbers of Asian and Pacific islanders who work at Cal State Fullerton and strives to mentor new API faculty and staff and to maintain a supportive API community.
Would you like to help? We meet at noon the second Friday of every month so come join us in person or on Zoom. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Whether you volunteer or participate in an event, becoming an active member makes a difference. We operate solely on donations. If you would like to make a donation, please visit our Support AAPIFSA page.
The mission of AAPIFSA is to bring together members of the CSUF faculty and staff in order to promote an inclusive and equitable campus climate for all groups:
- to provide support in the hiring, retention, and promotion of AAPI students, faculty, staff, and administrators
- to network among the members of the organization
- to empower individuals in the organization to become more actively involved
Goals & Objectives
- Help AAPI students achieve educational excellence and to respond proactively to the needs of the Asian and Asian-related student body.
- Help raise money for the Book Scholarship Fund
- Promote a campus climate that is sensitive, representative and fair to all ethnic groups
- Acknowledge and celebrate the commonalities in the Asian cultures amidst their diversity and to build a strong social network and effective linkages with the University administration
2023 Lunar New Year Tea Time
Tuesday, January 31 at 3pm-5pm
Meet with fellow colleagues for snacks and good conversation at the DeGraaf Center for Oral & Public History (6th floor of Pollak Library South)
Join AAPIFSA's next Board Meeting
Friday, February 10 at 12pm
Send an email for more info: email@example.com
For more events, please check back at a later time.
CSUF Finance Professor Lingxiao Li is honored for research on relationship between housing market and consumer spending
by Daniel Coats
A Conversation with California State University APIDA Presidents by Alisia Ruble