AAPIFSA (Asian American Pacific Islander Faculty Staff Association) was founded in 1993 by Dr. Ellen Junn. Since that time, AAPIFSA members helped to build and shape the API community on campus. It has supported API students both through scholarships and financial support for various API activities, including the annual API Graduation Recognition Ceremony. AAPIFSA recognizes and takes pride in the growing numbers of Asian and Pacific islanders who work at Cal State Fullerton and strives to mentor new API faculty and staff and to maintain a supportive API community.
Want to help? We meet at noon the second Friday of every month so come join us in person or on Zoom. Email us at email@example.com for more information. We operate solely on donations. If you would like to make a donation, please visit our Support AAPIFSA page.
The mission of AAPIFSA is to bring together members of the CSUF faculty and staff in order to promote an inclusive and equitable campus climate for all groups:
- to provide support in the hiring, retention, and promotion of AAPI students, faculty, staff, and administrators
- to network among the members of the organization
- to empower individuals in the organization to become more actively involved
To learn more, visit the About us page.
Goals & Objectives
- Help AAPI students achieve educational excellence and to respond proactively to the needs of the Asian and Asian-related student body.
- Help raise money for the Book Scholarship Fund
- Promote a campus climate that is sensitive, representative and fair to all ethnic groups
- Acknowledge and celebrate the commonalities in the Asian cultures amidst their diversity and to build a strong social network and effective linkages with the University administration
Lunar New Year Tea with AAPIFSA
Spring Drop-in Lunch Starts Feb. 13
Join us any Tuesday from 12 noon to 1p.m. (excluding Spring break) at Club 57
All are welcome, but bring your own food. Come spend time with old friends and new! Look for our AAPIFSA sign.
Join our next Board Meeting
Send an email for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
New AAPI Mentorship Program - Attend Q and A Informational Session via Zoom Tuesday, February 6 from 10 a.m. - 11 a.m. (Send us an email for more information.).