Ed Fink, Ph.D.
Associate vice President, Undergraduate Academic Programs
Ed Fink joined Cal State Fullerton in 1990. He advanced through the ranks to professor of Radio-TV-Film in 2006, since renamed Cinema and Television Arts. He served as the inaugural chair of that department for 11 years. Dr. Fink has a strong history of service to our campus, including the director of the Faculty Development Center in 2013, the associate dean of the College of Communications in 2014, the dean of the College of Communications in 2017, and interim director of the School of Music until 2021. He has received awards and recognition as an outstanding teacher, scholar, and advisor.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lateral management: Provost Council members
- Vertical Management: people with report lines to me and also people to whom I report
- Assessment planning and resources
- Service to University in all areas of undergraduate programs (curriculum/Curriculog, University Catalog/Acalog, General Education, Honors, Supplemental Instruction, University Learning Center)
- Accessibility to campus partners
- Learning: both own position and how to assist others in learning