Includes the scholarly fields of: Art History (theory, analysis and criticism); a General Studio Art concentration providing a varied curriculum and broad range of studio art experiences in the visual arts; and the single subject teaching field of Art Education.
Learning Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
The following goals and learning outcomes have been established for students pursuing a BA degree in Art.
Knowledge and Understanding
- Will have acquired fundamental visual experiences and concepts basic to many forms and fields of art, animation, and design.
- Be able to access historical and contemporary information about the fine and applied arts through advanced technologies.
- Develop a critical appreciation of historical and contemporary art, animation, and design forms as they relate to individual and social needs and values including such issues as culture, ethnicity, and gender.
Critical Thinking and Creative Expression
- Be capable of creatively expressing one's personal experience and thought with visual skill and clarity.
- Develop knowledge and skills necessary to pursue graduate studies in the visual arts, or to teach art.
- ·Exercise professional standards of oral and written communication.
Professionalism and Ethics
- Integrate knowledge of the arts with the development of values and professional ethics.