Includes the studio concentrations of: design (including graphic design, illustration, and exhibition design); ceramics (including glass); crafts (including jewelry/metalsmithing and wood); sculpture; drawing, painting, and printmaking; and creative photography.
Learning Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
The following goals and learning outcomes have been established for students pursuing a MFA (Master of Fine Arts) degree in Art.
Practitioners and Scholars
- Develop a personal art/design philosophy.
- Become creatively, intellectually, technically and technologically prepared for post-graduate study and/or career aspirations.
- Become competent and reflective practitioners in their discipline.
- Exercise professional standards of oral and written communication.
- Present a cogent thesis and/or exhibition of their graduate art or design project.