Learning Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
The following learning goals and outcomes have been established for students pursuing a BA degree in Music.
- Be competent and reflective practitioners of the art of music through performance, composition, analysis, and reflection.
- Be passionate and confident about their work through successful performance.
- Practice successful collaboration through work on concert and recital performance and production.
- Be intellectually curious and decisive in exploring new avenues of expression.
- Exercise professional standards of oral and written communication.
- Have a basic knowledge of music history, literature and theory.
- Have well-rounded educational backgrounds acquired through studies in general education courses.
- Be capable of living a culturally rich life.
- Are intellectually, technically, creatively, and technologically prepared to be artistic members of their communities.