The following learning goals and outcomes have been established for students pursuing a BM degree in Music.
- Be competent and reflective practitioners of the art of music through the study of cultural diversity, musical literature and criticism.
- Be passionate and confident about their work as performers.
- Practice successful collaboration onstage and backstage.
- Be intellectually curious and decisive in exploring new avenues of expression through work on new works and reexamination of traditional repertoire.
- Have a flexible, relaxed, and controlled body trained in basic movement disciplines.
- Have a basic knowledge of music history, literature and theory.
- Exercise professional standards of oral and written communication.
- Are intellectually, creatively, and technologically prepared to be artistic members of their communities through written critiques, review and analytical papers.
- Have well-rounded educational backgrounds acquired through studies in general education courses.
- Demonstrate comprehension of the basic business procedure of the musician’s profession.
- Be capable of living a culturally rich life.
- Have clear and articulate speech.