Learning Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
The following learning goals and learning outcomes have been established for students pursuing the BA in Dance.
- Be competent and reflective practitioners of the art of dance;
- Be capable of living a culturally rich life accomplished through the study of dance, literature and criticism;
- Be passionate and confident about their work which is achieved through live performance;
- Practice successful collaboration through performance and choreographing for showcases and concerts;
- Are intellectually, creatively, and technologically prepared to be artistic member of their communities;
- Be intellectually curious and decisive in exploring new avenues of expression;
- Exercise professional standards of oral, and written communication through reviews, critiques, and final projects;
- Have a basic knowledge of dance history, literature and theory;
- Have well-rounded educational backgrounds acquired through studies in general education courses by completing the universities G.E. requirements.