Theatre Arts, B.A.
Learning Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
The following goals and learning outcomes have been established for students pursuing a BA degree in Theatre Arts.
- Be competent and reflective practitioners of the art of theatre through performance, design, playwriting, choreography or work backstage;
- Be capable of living a culturally rich life;
- Be passionate and confident about their work by successful performance, design and technical work;
- Practice successful collaboration through work on production and showcases;
- Are intellectually, technically, creatively, and technologically prepared to be artistic member of their communities;
- Be intellectually curious and decisive in exploring new avenues of expression
- Be able to analyze a play or musical and apply that knowledge to a specific theatre project.
- Have a basic knowledge of theatre history, literature and theory;
- Exercise professional standards of oral, written and graphic communication;