Theatre Arts, M.F.A.
(Emphases: Design, Acting, Directing)
Learning Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
The following goals and learning outcomes have been established for students pursuing the MFA in Theatre Arts.
- Be competent and reflective practitioners of the art of theatre;
- Be passionate and confident about their work through the success of their performances and realize design work;
- Practice successful collaboration through performances and production;
- Be intellectually curious and decisive in exploring new avenues of expression through work with the various design venues;
- Demonstrate competence in the unification of design elements in professional production;
- Exercise professional standards of oral, written and graphic communication;
- Are intellectually, technically, creatively, and technologically prepared to be an artistic member of their community.
- Have a strong knowledge of theatre history and dramatic texts and the ability to analyze those texts as it applies to design and criticism.