Learning Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
The following learning goals and learning outcomes have been established for students pursuing a degree in Economics.
Understand Critical Economic Concepts and their Relationship to Business
and Public Policy
- Understand how to use economic theory to generate testable hypotheses about economic relationships that have practical relevance to the business community and/or public policy.
- Summarize previous research findings from the scholarly literature.
Engage in Policy Analysis
- Understand how to identify and motivate interesting and policy- relevant topics for study.
- Understand how to use state of the art econometric methods to test hypotheses about economic relationships and to make business and/or public-policy recommendations.
Effective Communication Skills
- Understand how to write reports and give presentations to disseminate research findings to business leaders, experts in the field, and to a broader audience.