Business Administration, MBA
Learning Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
The following learning goals and learning outcomes have been established for students pursuing the Masters of Business Administration.
Demonstrate complex problem solving skills, supported by appropriate analytical and quantitative techniques to improve organizational performance.
- Use a variety of analytical techniques to identify a complex business problem, generate and compare alternatives and develop a solution.
- Select and implement the appropriate research skills and tools (information technology and / or quantitative analysis) to solve problems.
Possess functional knowledge and be able to integrate this knowledge in support of decision making.
- Integrate their functional knowledge in applied settings (e.g. – case analyses, group projects, research papers).
- Demonstrate knowledge relating to the concept of value creation and the role played by each functional area of the firm.
Have experience with project leadership.
- Demonstrate a level of proficiency and self-confidence appropriate to be a team or project leader.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the primary principles of conflict resolution, organizational change management, and promoting ideas
Possess the knowledge necessary to use frameworks in ethical analysis and decision making, understanding their personal responsibilities as business leaders.
- Identify an ethical dilemma in a scenario case and apply an ethics model or framework to propose and defend a resolution.
- Apply appropriate ethical orientation by observers or peers.
Have a global and multicultural perspective.
- Define key components of the business operating environment(s) and explain how these components impact organizational performance and decisions.\
- Diagnose cross-cultural issues in a case setting and propose appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of how issues and decision criteria change depending on cultural perspectives and location.
Demonstrate key attributes associated with professional conduct.
- Apply appropriate business etiquette techniques in professional settings.
- Demonstrate effective networking skills
- Demonstrate their ability to take responsibility for their actions.
- Demonstrate highly effective oral communication skills in professional settings, including professional presentations and persuasive presentations.
- Demonstrate highly effective written communication skills in professional setting, including: memos, reports, and executive summaries.