Communicative Disorders, B.A.
Learning Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
The following goals and learning outcomes have been established for students pursuing an BA degree in Speech Communication:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the anatomic structures and physiological processes involved in speech, including respiration, phonation, articulation and resources.
- Demonstrate knowledge of speech acoustics and perception.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of the social and developmental norms for speech and language acquisition.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the etiology and characteristics of speech and language disorders.
- Demonstrate knowledge of appropriate procedures to assess and remediate speech and language disorders.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles associated with the diagnosis and remediation of speech and language disorders.