Learning Goals and Learning Outcomes
The following learning goals and outcomes have been established for students pursuing the MA degree in Communications
- Develop an understanding of the theories and literature that support the communications field.
- Apply these theories to the practice of communications and use them to build on existing scholarly literature.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct in-depth research in the field from both a theoretical and practical perspective.
- Produce scholarly work in the way of research papers, theses, and projects that reflect an understanding of the components of this research.
- Examine the scope of the field of communications and the varied career opportunities within it in order to practice and/or teach in the field.
- Assess the ethical issues that may arise while practicing communications and evaluate the codes of ethics that can guide responses to these issues.