Learning Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
The following goals and learning outcomes have been established for students pursuing the Master of Fine Arts Degree in Screenwriting.
- Strengthen and apply advanced writing skills in both craft and creativity.
- Demonstrate a mastery of story concepts and writing proficiency across a portfolio of different screenplays, including feature films, teleplays, and the like.
Film history, theory, and criticism
- Know film and television history, theory, and criticism and how these shape the industry.
- Comprehend the professional life of a screenwriter and its demands and opportunities.
Ethical decisions and diversity
- Analyze and evaluate issues to make ethical decisions in this competitive field, including sensitivity to diversity and globalization.
CSUF profile and networking
- Formulate contacts in the professional community to establish an ongoing network.