Educational Administration, M.S.
Learning Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
The following learning goals and student learning outcomes have been established for students pursuing the MS degree in Education with a concentration in Educational Administration.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop with others vision and purpose, utilize information, frame problems, exercise leadership processes to achieve common goals and act ethically for educational communities
- Demonstrate the ability to promote the success of all students by facilitating the development, articulation, implementation, and stewardship of a vision of learning that is shared and supported by the school community
- Model personal code of ethics
- Plan for developing professional leadership capacity
- Demonstrate the ability to design appropriate curricula and instructional programs to develop learner centered school cultures, to assess outcomes, to provide student personnel services, and to plan with faculty professional development activities aimed at improving instruction
- Engage in collaborative activities to promote the success of all students by advocating, nurturing and sustaining a school culture and instruction program conducive to student learning and staff professional growth
- Demonstrate the ability to understand, initiate and/or improve the organization, implement operational plans, manage financial resources, and apply effective management processes and procedures
- Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring management of the organization, operations, and resources for a safe, efficient and effective learning environment
- Demonstrate a commitment to act in accordance with legal provisions and statutory requirements, to apply regulatory standards, to develop and apply appropriate policies, to understand and act professionally regarding welfare, and to understand school as political system
- Demonstrate understanding of the influence of the larger political, social, economic, legal and cultural context of education
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate with parents and community members, work with community agencies, foundations, and the private sector, respond to community interests and needs in performing administrative responsibilities
- Demonstrate the ability to develop effective staff communications and public relations programs and act as mediators for various groups and individuals who are a part of the school community
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to diverse community interests and needs, and mobilizing community resources