Health Science, B.S.
Learning Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
The following goals and learning outcomes have been established for students pursuing a degree in health science:
An understanding of theories and research based health interventions
- Describe major theories associated with health science and public health.
- Describe the steps involved in planning, implementing and evaluating research based health interventions.
Information literacy and research skills
- Access and identify evidence based information sources relevant to specific health issues.
- Analyze statistical, epidemiological and qualitative data to promote population health.
Professional, ethical and reflective practice with diverse populations
- Apply theories, research findings and best practices to promote health with diverse communities.
- Analyze ethical issues that arise in the field of health science and public health.
- Make effective oral presentations taking into account diverse stakeholders.
- Write effectively taking purpose and audience into account.