Learning goals and student learning outcomes
The following goals and learning outcomes have been established for students pursing a degree in Nursing:
- Engage in ethical reasoning and actions to provide leadership in promoting advocacy, collaboration, and social justice as socially responsible citizens.
- Demonstrate accountability for self and nursing practice including continuous engagement in life-long learning.
Evidence Based Practice
- Improve patient health outcomes by accessing, analyzing, and interpreting information (theoretical, research, other) at the individual/family and community level.
- Use a systematic approach to analyze real or potential problems for the purpose of developing, testing and evaluating innovative solutions within a variety of healthcare settings.
- Use communication theories/techniques and demonstrate communication/collaboration with colleagues, transdisciplinary groups, including the use of informatics, to promote relationships with individuals/families and communities.
Manager of Care
- Plan and/or provide patient-centered, empathic, and coordinated care that contributes to safe and high quality outcomes.