Liberal Studies, B.A.
Learning Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
The following goals and learning outcomes have been established for students pursuing a degree in Liberal Studies:
- Attain a comprehensive understanding of significant concepts, themes and figures in the three general subject areas covered by the major: the arts and humanities, the social sciences, and the natural sciences.
- Recognize historical and contemporary interdisciplinary connections among the three subject areas and synthesize parallel developments within them.
- Develop a comprehensively interdisciplinary perspective toward knowledge.
- Analyze, evaluate, and apply significant concepts, themes and arguments from the three general subject areas of Liberal Studies.
Effective Oral and Written Communication
- Write clearly and correctly.
- Analyze and present ideas and subject matter coherently.