Learning Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
The following goals and outcomes have been established for students pursuing the MA degree in Psychology
Concepts, terminology, and issues relating to pursuing the MA degree in psychology.
- Know the legal and ethical responsibilities related to conducting psychological research and apply these in actual research situations.
- Develop strong critical thinking skills with regard to evaluating psychological research.
- Develop a command of the research in two sub-areas of psychology of the student's choosing.
- Apply a variety of dominant theoretical frameworks for designing research projects and predicting their outcomes.
- Employ statistical knowledge to analyze research data and develop conclusions.
- Sensitive to the influence of ethnicity and cultural values that might affect or moderate research outcomes.
Analytical, scientific perspective on psychology and research mentorship experiences.
- Develop command of research methodology and statistical techniques and employ these methods and techniques in an original master's thesis of their own design.