Women and Gender Studies, B.A.
Learning Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
The following goals and learning outcomes have been established for students pursuing a Bachelor of Arts in Women and Gender Studies.
- Articulate and critique multiple theoretical frameworks, such as feminism, critical race feminism, queer theory, masculinity, and sexuality studies.
- Integrate historical and contemporary knowledge of women's movements globally and in the US into an analysis of gender issues.
- Understand and apply feminist epistemology and research methods demonstrated through independent research using standard English grammar and coherent written organization.
- Analyze and evaluate texts and ideas in both oral and written modalities.
- Demonstrate leadership skills by organizing and implementing projects.