Teaching Science, M.A.
Learning Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
The following learning goals and learning outcomes have been established for students pursuing Master of Arts in Teaching Science:
Knowledge and Competent Specialists
- Demonstrate a strong foundation in one or more of the scientific disciplines and in science education.
- Demonstrate strong understanding and implementation of science teaching pedagogical skill.
- Demonstrate ability to use technology to improve teaching and learning science.
Reflective and Responsive Practitioners
- Promote diversity in the science classroom and among science learners.
- Make informed decisions regarding support, curricula, instruction, assessment, and classroom management.
- Engage in collaborative endeavors with colleagues, administrators, and industry/business/informal science agency/community partners.
- Think Critically.
Committed and Caring Professionals
- Become Change agents for the improvement of science teaching and learning.
- Maintain professional and ethical standards.
- Become life-long learners.