Learning Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
The following goals and learning outcomes have been established for students pursuing a Master of Biotechnology (MBt):
- Demonstrate knowledge in a primary area of expertise.
- Identify and critically evaluate the literature in the primary area.
- Understand the basic processes of product life cycles.
Information Literacy Skills
- Determine what kind of information is needed to solve a problem
- Identify how to obtain the relevant information from literature/information databases
- Critically assess the information for its rigor
- Cite the information gathered appropriately in written and oral formats
- Work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Converse with colleagues in all disciplines related to the mission of PABS.
- Write and present project proposals and technical reports that communicate effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Communicate effectively with individuals at governmental and public entities.
- Demonstrate mastery of basic application skills in biotechnology disciplines.
- Develop experimental or practical designs for solving problems in product or process development.
- Analyze the driving forces for product development.
- Use knowledge effectively in new situations and diverse contexts.
- Demonstrate knowledge of commercialization of biotechnology in pharmaceuticals, biomedical devices, diagnostics/assays systems, clinical trial management, and related companies.
- Understand the essential processes of project management
- Understand the essential processes of regulatory affairs and clinical trials management