California State University, Fullerton

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I register for more than my maximum units?

Undergraduates are allowed a maximum of 16 units. Graduate students are allowed a maximum of 12 units. Postbac Credential students are allowed a maximum of 19 units. Undergraduate students on academic probation are limited to a maximum of 13 units. Certain majors may have a different maximum unit cap. If you unit cap does not appear to be the standard for your classification, you may want to check with your academic department. For questions related to a request for excess units, please contact the Registration Helpline at (657) 278-7601.


Go Back