Home Programs & Services Policies Research & Statistics Campus Resources Alcohol & Other Drug Advisory Committee Campus Calender Links Contact Us Student Affairs CSUF Home
Sample Picture

Campus Resources

There are many resources available on campus for students struggling with alcohol and addiction issues. Referring a student for help is as easy as calling the campus departments below to find appropriate assistance for CSUF students. Most services are available free of charge.

Alcohol and Other Drug Advisory Committee (AODAC)
Referrals, education, and advocacy
Mary Becerra, Co-Chair, Director of Health Education and Promotion at   (657) 278-2847; mbecerra@fullerton.edu

Counseling and Psychological Services
Confidential individual and group counseling as well as campus outreach     (657) 278-3040 or http://www.fullerton.edu/shcc/CAPS%20AboutUs.htm

Student Health Services – Health Education and Promotion
Education, training, workshops, referrals and individual consultations Contact Jackie Blyleven, MPH, CHES; Health Educator and Coordinator of Substance Use Prevention Programs at (657) 278-7460; jblyleven@fullerton.edu

Dean of Students Office, Judicial Affairs
(657) 278-3211

WoMen’s and Adult Re-Entry Center
Education, counseling, referrals and sexual assault survivor services
(657) 278-3928

CSUF Student Handbook
Campus policies pertaining to alcohol, drug use, hazing, sexual assault, violence, etc.

Off Campus Resources

Alcoholics Anonymous
Students, faculty and staff can find meetings in almost every community throughout Southern California.
Check the website for the most updated information. http://www.aa.org/

County Offices

Fullerton N Orange County Intergroup
1111 E Commonwealth, Suite D
Fullerton, CALIFORNIA 92832
United States
Phone: (714)773-4357
Site: www.aanoc.com
Email: officemanager@aanoc.com

Los Angeles Central Office
4311 Wilshire Blvd #104
Los Angeles, CALIFORNIA 90010
United States
Phone: (323) 936-4343
Phone: (800) 923-8722
Site: www.LACOAA.org

Inland Empire Central Office (Colton, CA)
P.O. Box 189
Colton, CALIFORNIA 92324-0189
United States
Phone: (909) 825-4700
Site: www.inlandempireaa.org

NASAIC (National Alcohol Substance Abuse Information Center)
24 hour live chat; provides treatment & rehabilitation resources for a variety of addictions.

Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator

SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions)
Email: info@sadd.org

National Drug and Alcohol Assistance
24 hour helpline
1-800-662-HELP (4357) or visit www.drughelp.org

Support for family and friends of alcoholics

1-888-4AL-ANON (1-888-425-2666)

Local Chapters

GARDEN GROVE- Al-Anon Info Serv of Orange County (714-748-1113) 12391 Lewis Street, Ste. 102, 92840, http://orangecountyalanon.org

LOS ANGELES - Al-Anon Family Groups of S. California (818-760-7122) 4936 Lankershim Blvd, N. Hollywood, 91601 (888-684-6444 meeting info only), www.alanonla.org or centraloffice@alanonla.org

RIVERSIDE - Centro Hispano De Information Al-Anon/Alateen (951-689-4084) PO Box 56650, 92517 (Spanish)

ACA- Adult Children of Alcoholics
Website: www.adultchildren.org/
Phone: 310-534-1815 (message only)
Email: meetinginfo@adultchildren.org (use for information on locating meetings)
info@adultchildren.org (use for general information, meeting registrations, etc.)

Treatment Centers

Orange County Treatment Centers & Resources

Los Angeles County Treatment Centers & Resources
To find alcohol and drug treatment in LA County, call 1-800-564-6600. You will reach a local Community Assessment Service Center (CASC) for an appointment to find the right treatment program.
Link to Service Providers: http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/adpa/contractprovider/contractprovider.htm

Riverside County Treatment Centers & Resources
San Bernardino County Treatment Centers & Resources

Students If you need assistance after a sexual assault:

  • Go to a place where you are physically safe
    • Police Station
    • Health Center/Counseling Center
    • Women’s Center—UH 205
  • Get medical attention
    • Student Health Center
    • Anaheim Memorial Hospital
    • Your local walk-in Clinic or hospital

    You may have hidden injuries and want to explore options for preventing sexually transmitted infections/disease (STI/STD) and/or pregnancy. Emergency contraception is available at the Student Health Center and Planned Parenthood Clinics Contact someone who can help you: a friend, housemate, resident advisor, family; a member of your place of worship, community, or extended family; the police (911); or an advocate from campus or community agency.

    Emergency contraception is available at the Student Health Center and Planned Parenthood Clinics Contact someone who can help you: a friend, housemate, resident advisor, family; a member of your place of worship, community, or extended family; the police (911); or an advocate from campus or community agency.

  • Contact the campus police if the assault occurred on campus (657) 278-2515
  • Contact Community Service Program (CSP). We strongly recommend connecting with CSP.
  • Advocates at CSP can help you with any medical and legal decisions that you need to make.
  • CSP advocates are available 24 hours/day, seven days a week. Information about CSP follows:

  •         Community Services Program 24 hour assistance
    • (714) 957-2737
    • (949) 831-9110

Sexual Assault Victim Services/Prevention Program

  • The Women’s Center can provide crisis counseling and referrals. Call (657) 278-3928.
  • Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) will provide short term counseling by appointment. Call (657) 278-3040
  • Dean of Students Office also provides support to students who have been assaulted and their friends and family. Staff can assist if a victim/survivor wants to discuss their options (including filing a criminal complaint), and/or learn more about the University’s disciplinary process for assailant’s who are students. The Dean of Students Office also provides on and off campus resource information (including mental health and counseling options, academic support and housing options). The Dean of Students Office offers assistance to all students, including undergraduate, graduate and international students. (657) 278-3211