Los Maestros Alumni Chapter
More Events to come!
Lost Maestros Chapter Recognizes Recipients
The Los Maestros Chapter hosted alumni and friends to the 2nd annual Scholarship and Appreciation Tardeada on November 7 at 33 Degress Restaurant in Long Beach. A total of $600 from donors and fundraising from the chapter was awarded to Cal State Fullerton students Wendy Agredano, Samantha Rodriguez, and Deborah Vasquez. Supporters Paulita Martinez, Principal at Lowell Elementary and Audrey Hickes and donors Alex Morales and Alta Rodriguez were recognized at the event.
Established in January 2008, the purpose of the Los Maestros Alumni Chapter is to continue and to enhance the relationships among our bilingual educator alumni, the university, and our communities. The Chapter strives to promote excellence, achievement, leadership, and community building among educators interested in bilingual education.
Specific Purposes of the Chapter are:
- To foster collaborative relationships between former and present California State University, Fullerton bilingual bicultural teacher education students and other alumni supportive of bilingual bicultural education
- To assist with outreach and mentoring of future and present bilingual-bicultural education students at California State University, Fullerton
- To establish and award scholarships to prospective bilingual educators at California State University, Fullerton
- To assist in promoting the Master of Science in Education at California State University, Fullerton for those students interested in pursing bilingual bicultural education
- To promote public awareness, respect, and understanding of bilingual bicultural education and bilingual educators
- To offer opportunities for professional networking among students and alumni of CSUF who are bilingual educators
- To facilitate networking and communication of information regarding employment as bilingual educators and administrators in schools and non-profit organizations
- To facilitate social interaction and peer support among members of the association
Valerie Reynaga Valencia '03
Gloria Terrazas Tejeda '93
Vice President, Records & Finance
Vice President, Programs
Christine Valenciana '72, MS '79
Jenny Rodriguez ’03
Maria Lopez-Guerra, MS ’08
Vice President, Membership
Elizabeth Suarez MS ’85
Advisor & Finance
Are you already an Alumni Association Member and want to join this chapter?
As an Alumni Association member, you have the ability to join multiple alumni chapters. Through your chapter affiliation, you receive the latest news and are invitations to chapter meetings and events. These opportunities provide access to networking within specific industries and access to your fellow Titan alumni, staff and faculty on campus. Join a chapter now!
If you're not already a member of the Alumni Association, you can sign up today to receive hundreds of great benefits including membership in chapters.