Sigma Pi Fraternity Alumni Chapter
More Events to come!
Sigma Pi World Series
The 37th Annual Sigma Pi Western World Series was held on Saturday May 11 at the Yard in Fullerton. There were 8 teams who participated including Alumni from the following schools:
Cal State Fullerton – 3 Teams (OCAA #3, OCAA #7 & OCAA #8)
Cal State Long Beach
Cal State Dominguez Hills
Cal State Fullerton Alumni -OCAA #7 team won the tournament defeating Long Beach in extra innings. Cal State Fullerton Alumni - OCAA #3 (17 time champions) finished third.
The 29th Annual Sigma Pi Fishing Derby was held April 16, 2013 at San Diego’s Lake Dixon. This year there were 26 entries in the tournament that was made up of Sigma Pi Alumni, friends and family. This year was a tough year for the anglers with some past winners getting skunked and catching no fish. That did not stop all in attendance and the winning fisherman was Bob Record with the trophy bass weighing in at 5 pounds 2 ounces. Other fisherman did well bringing in several trout weighing in at over 2 pounds each. All in all, it was great fun had by many with good times and stories that will be remembered for some time. Some chapter members not skilled in fishing participated in the camping and brotherhood but opted to golf at Golf Club of California.
Sigma Pi Alumni Scores Runs in the Softball Tournament in the “Yard”
It was a home run for Sigma Pi Chapter members during their annual Softball Tournament in the "Yard" at Fullerton on May 14. The rivalry was fierce as they competed against other Sigma Pi Fraternities from UCLA, USC, Santa Clara, Long Beach State and many more.
The ΣΠ (Sigma Pi) Fraternity Alumni Chapter’s mission is to provide leadership, training, guidance and innovative opportunities for leadership development, social and personal development, academic achievement, community service and heightened moral awareness for its alumni and undergraduate membership of Cal State Fullerton.
- To assist with strengthening and promoting the educational experience and value of Sigma Pi Fraternity with the alumni and undergraduates of Cal State Fullerton and its community.
- To serve as a vehicle of communication between the individual alumni, the Cal State Fullerton Alumni Association and the University.
- To promote the professional image and values of college fraternities.
- To continue to endow local, educational scholarships, while distributing financial support to worthy undergraduate members in search of heightened educational experiences.
- To foster strong links between present and former Sigma Pi members, and to create mentoring opportunities for current chapter membership.
- To offer opportunities for professional networking.
- To facilitate social interaction and peer support among the members of the association.
- To be a positive reflection of both Sigma Pi Fraternity and Cal State Fullerton.
Larry Rovira ’85
Carlos Leija ’91
Are you already an Alumni Association Member and want to join this chapter?
As an Alumni Association member, you have the ability to join multiple alumni chapters. Through your chapter affiliation, you receive the latest news and invitations to chapter meetings and events. These opportunities provide access to networking within specific industries and access to your fellow Titan alumni, staff and faculty on campus. Join a chapter now!
If you're not already a member of the Alumni Association, you can sign up today to receive hundreds of great benefits including membership in chapters.