Los Maestros Alumni Chapter
Join the Los Maestros Alumni Chapter for a day of fun in the sun at our End-of-the-Year Beach Day and Bonfire!
Saturday, June 30, 1 p.m.
Bolsa Chica State Beach
Life Guard Station #20-21
Los Maestros is celebrating the end of the school year with a FREE beach and bonfire BBQ for members and their families.
Socialize, have fun and support our CSUF Bilingual Authorization (formerly BCLAD) students. We welcome current and new Los Maestros members to join us at the beach for fun in the sun.
Enjoy hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, dessert, soda and water. Food will be served between 2 p.m. and 3 p.m., but you are welcome to stay as long as you'd like.
Bring your chairs, towels, blankets and any other beach gear. If you are able to donate wood for bonfire/grill, please let us know in your RSVP.
Any and all donations accepted and greatly appreciated.
We are so excited to celebrate the beginning of summer with you as well as update you on the latest with Los Maestros. Looking forward to seeing you and your family!
Please note: parking costs $15
Bolsa Chica Parking Entrance: Between Warner and Sea Point in city of Huntington Beach @ edge of Surfside Beach, Sunset Beach
Bolsa Chica State Beach Parking Entrance close to Life Guard Station #20-21 or at Surfside Beach near Jack in the Box.
RSVP to Valerie Valencia
Lost Maestros Chapter Recognizes Recipients
The Los Maestros Chapter hosted alumni and friends to the 2nd annual Scholarship and Appreciation Tardeada on November 7 at 33 Degress Restaurant in Long Beach. A total of $600 from donors and fundraising from the chapter was awarded to Cal State Fullerton students Wendy Agredano, Samantha Rodriguez, and Deborah Vasquez. Supporters Paulita Martinez, Principal at Lowell Elementary and Audrey Hickes and donors Alex Morales and Alta Rodriguez were recognized at the event.
Are you already an Alumni Association Member and want to join this chapter?
As an Alumni Association member, you have the ability to join multiple alumni chapters. Through your chapter affiliation, you receive the latest news and are invitations to chapter meetings and events. These opportunities provide access to networking within specific industries and access to your fellow Titan alumni, staff and faculty on campus. Join a chapter now!
If you're not already a member of the Alumni Association, you can sign up today to receive hundreds of great benefits including membership in chapters.
Alumni Star of "Criminal Minds" in Area
"Criminal Minds" star and CSUF graduate Kirsten Vangsness (B.A. theatre arts '96) is scheduled to join fellow cast members of the CBS drama on Sunday, Aug. 19, at the Laguna Beach Festival of the Arts.
Earning Tuffy Bucks
Cal State Fullerton's Office of Environmental Health and Safety have instituted "Tuffy Bucks," a new incentive program to encourage students, staff and faculty members to learn and use safe work habits to stay safe and healthy on campus
Safety Training Recognized
Cari Elofson of Cal State Fullerton's Environmental Health and Safety Office is honored by American Society of Safety Engineers.
Established in January 2008, the purpose of the Los Maestros Alumni Chapter is to continue and to enhance the relationships among our bilingual educator alumni, the university, and our communities. The Chapter strives to promote excellence, achievement, leadership, and community building among educators interested in bilingual education.
Specific Purposes of the Chapter are:
- To foster collaborative relationships between former and present California State University, Fullerton bilingual bicultural teacher education students and other alumni supportive of bilingual bicultural education
- To assist with outreach and mentoring of future and present bilingual-bicultural education students at California State University, Fullerton
- To establish and award scholarships to prospective bilingual educators at California State University, Fullerton
- To assist in promoting the Master of Science in Education at California State University, Fullerton for those students interested in pursing bilingual bicultural education
- To promote public awareness, respect, and understanding of bilingual bicultural education and bilingual educators
- To offer opportunities for professional networking among students and alumni of CSUF who are bilingual educators
- To facilitate networking and communication of information regarding employment as bilingual educators and administrators in schools and non-profit organizations
- To facilitate social interaction and peer support among members of the association
To Learn more about the chapter, or how to become a member, please contact Valerie Reynaga Valencia at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jenny Rodriguez at email@example.com.
Valerie Reynaga Valencia '03
Gloria Terrazas Tejeda '93
Vice President, Records & Finance
Vice President, Programs
Christine Valenciana '72, MS '79
Jenny Rodriguez ’03
Maria Lopez-Guerra, MS ’08
Vice President, Membership
Elizabeth Suarez MS ’85
Advisor & Finance