Sigma Pi Fraternity Alumni Chapter
More events to come!
28th Annual Fishing Derby
Although the weather was like something you would see on Deadliest Catch, the Sigma Pi Fraternity Alumni Chapter held their 28th annual Fishing Derby on April 14 at Lake Dixon in Escondido. They had an excellent turnout with 25 entries for the event. Unfortunately, the weather was not ideal for fishing and camping. Still, these tough fishermen persevered through hail, rain and temperatures in the 30’s. Many people left on Friday due to the bad weather, and even seasoned fishermen were skunked with no biting. The winner of this year’s derby was Gary McIntyre. He caught a beauty of a trout that weighed in at 5 lbs. 9 oz. The Sigma Pi Fraternity’s Fishing Derby was a success despite the weather conditions and, as always, they look forward to next year’s derby! View photos.
Sigma Pi Alumni Scores Runs in the Softball Tournament in the “Yard”
It was a home run for Sigma Pi Chapter members during their annual Softball Tournament in the "Yard" at Fullerton on May 14. The rivalry was fierce as they competed against other Sigma Pi Fraternities from UCLA, USC, Santa Clara, Long Beach State and many more.
Are you already an Alumni Association Member and want to join this chapter?
As an Alumni Association member, you have the ability to join multiple alumni chapters. Through your chapter affiliation, you receive the latest news and are invitations to chapter meetings and events. These opportunities provide access to networking within specific industries and access to your fellow Titan alumni, staff and faculty on campus. Join a chapter now!
If you're not already a member of the Alumni Association, you can sign up today to receive hundreds of great benefits including membership in chapters.
Alumni Star of "Criminal Minds" in Area
"Criminal Minds" star and CSUF graduate Kirsten Vangsness (B.A. theatre arts '96) is scheduled to join fellow cast members of the CBS drama on Sunday, Aug. 19, at the Laguna Beach Festival of the Arts.
Earning Tuffy Bucks
Cal State Fullerton's Office of Environmental Health and Safety have instituted "Tuffy Bucks," a new incentive program to encourage students, staff and faculty members to learn and use safe work habits to stay safe and healthy on campus
Safety Training Recognized
Cari Elofson of Cal State Fullerton's Environmental Health and Safety Office is honored by American Society of Safety Engineers.
The ΣΠ (Sigma Pi) Fraternity Alumni Chapter’s mission is to provide leadership, training, guidance and innovative opportunities for leadership development, social and personal development, academic achievement, community service and heightened moral awareness for its alumni and undergraduate membership of Cal State Fullerton.
- To assist with strengthening and promoting the educational experience and value of Sigma Pi Fraternity with the alumni and undergraduates of Cal State Fullerton and its community.
- To serve as a vehicle of communication between the individual alumni, the Cal State Fullerton Alumni Association and the University.
- To promote the professional image and values of college fraternities.
- To continue to endow local, educational scholarships, while distributing financial support to worthy undergraduate members in search of heightened educational experiences.
- To foster strong links between present and former Sigma Pi members, and to create mentoring opportunities for current chapter membership.
- To offer opportunities for professional networking.
- To facilitate social interaction and peer support among the members of the association.
- To be a positive reflection of both Sigma Pi Fraternity and Cal State Fullerton.