Current Students: Art BA & BFA Major Advising Information
Dear Visual Arts Majors,
This site is to help you with resources for Major Advising, and assist with planning for your Spring 2021 Class Registration needs. Please read the entire page for all important information.
Major Advising will continue to be “virtual” this semester. A list of advisors and links to advising sheets for each BA or BFA major and concentration are detailed below.
Chair, Department of Art/Visual Arts
CO1 Holds: Please do not become stressed about the C01 Advising Holds that were recently placed on your accounts. This fall, there are two ways to complete advising to have the CO1 Hold released:
- Advising holds are now being released for those of you who have already met with your faculty advisors this fall via TitanNet. Also, faculty are sending lists of advised students to the Art Office. If you have questions, please contact your faculty advisor or email the Art Office at email@example.com.
- For students who have not yet met with your faculty advisors, you will have an opportunity to view an online advising video, being produced by the College of the Arts Dean’s Office. After you watch this video on the The College of the Arts Spring 2021 Registration Advising website you will have your holds removed by Admissions & Records.
General Education Advising: If you have questions about General Education (GE) advising, please see this site.
Career and Art Major Advising:
- Check the list below to find an Advisor in your area of study, or your intended area of study. (Your Advisor will be someone teaching in the degree/concentration you intend to study.)
- Make note of your Advisor’s name and visit TitanNet (link located below the Advisor section). This will take you to a new webpage.
- In TitanNet, select Make an Appointment, then Advising, Visual Arts Advising, and then select your concentration. You will see faculty availability and be able to schedule
- Before your Advising appointment, plan your Spring 2021 courses as well as your courses for future semesters.
Your Advisor may discuss with you:
- What classes you are planning to take in Spring 2021,
- What classes have you already taken for your degree, and
- What courses will you take in the future semesters.
To make plans for your major advising for the spring term, use:
- Schedule of Classes for Spring 2021 (visit the student center in your portal, Schedule of Classes)
- Download and complete the one-page Art Degree Advisement Worksheet (available below your advisor's name). Have this completed and ready for your advising.
- The Master Schedule that shows courses planned for Spring 2021 and Fall 2021.
TitanNet: Students are now able to book advising appointments through TitanNet, which can be found through the student portal. Once in TitanNet, select Make an Appointment, then Advising, Visual Arts Advising, and then select your concentration. You will see faculty availability and be able to schedule an appointment.
More information on how to access TitanNet can be found here. Students are also responsible for cancelling any of their scheduled appointments through TitanNet.
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN ART
*denotes Concentration Head
BACHELOR OF FINE ARTS IN ART
Jewelry and Metals
Advisor: Christina Smith
Advisor: Mateo Tannatt*
*denotes Concentration Head