College of Communications
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge for entry into professional practice.
- Apply critical thinking, research, and analysis to meet personal and professional goals.
- Demonstrate written and oral proficiency appropriate to the entry level of professional practice.
- Demonstrate effective use of communication tools and technologies appropriate to the entry level of professional practice.
- Apply appropriate concepts, models, and theories of communication to personal and professional situations.
- Exhibit awareness of social, economic, and cultural diversity as demonstrated through the mass media.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of historical, legal, and ethical issues that affect professional practices, and information literacy in such knowledge.
- Communications students will demonstrate awareness of the history and role of professionals within students’ chosen occupational area. At the same time, Communications students will demonstrate current knowledge of and interest in their profession by active co-curricular engagement with professionals from outside of the classroom.