College of the Arts
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students adequately demonstrate the technique, performance skills and movement vocabulary required of performing artists.
- Demonstrate critical thinking in the communication about works in the arts.
- Demonstrate the ability to create, sustain, realize, and evolve personal vision and purposes. Students will realize specific works or projects around elements of concepts. During this process they will analyze one’s own work, as well as, those of others using various methods and perspectives.
- Students will adequately demonstrate the capacity to define, analyze, and solve problems in the teaching of dance materials. Students will solve problems within the area of classroom teaching projects. During this process they will work collaboratively, and analyze one’s own work, as well as, those of others using various methods and perspectives.
- Students adequately demonstrate the mastery of facts, concepts and vocabulary in the area of dance history. Students will be engaged in the learning and researching the history of the art form. During this process they will utilize critical thinking and originality in their approach to research and analysis.