College of Humanities and Social Sciences
BA Ethnic Studies (African American Studies)
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will identify a range of cultural documents and expressive forms and describe their significance to African American culture.
- Identify and explain the significance of key individuals and events that shaped the culture and history of people of African descent in the U.S. and wider diaspora.
- Examine the ways that race, gender, class and/or sexuality intersect in the lives of individuals and their communities
- Integrate Ethnic Studies methodologies into one’s written work
- Communicate complex arguments, ideas, and research findings in well-organized written papers