Welcome to the Catalyst Center!
The Catalyst Center for the Advancement of Research in Teaching and Learning Math and Science brings together science and math education experts from the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics and College of Education to advance the capacity for research in teaching and learning across the entire spectrum of math and science education, from preschool through graduate education and including informal and teacher education.
The mission of the Catalyst Center is to provide professional support for CSUF scholars conducting research across three key areas:
1. Teaching and Learning in STEM
2. Student Academic Experiences in STEM
3. STEM Teacher Professional Experiences and Education
WHAT WE DO
Catalyst is a place where members can reach across disciplines to form new collaborations, receive guidance on their career and research program development, and participate in a learning community of students, postdoctoral scholars, full and contingent faculty, and administrators committed to improving classroom practice, student learning, contributing to the research knowledge base in STEM education, and policies in science and mathematics.
Catalyst activities that support the CSUF community and align closely with CSUF Strategic Plan Goals 1, 3, and 4 include:
· Speaker and Workshop Series
· Writing Group for Catalyst Members to Support Publication of Research
· Physical Support for Catalyst Member Research
· Review of Grant and Manuscript Drafts for Catalyst Members
· Development of Cross-departmental Externally-Funded Grant Proposals
· CSUF STEM-Ed Student Professional Development
· Use of Research Expertise to Assist in Improvement of CSUF STEM Education