Admission Requirements for the Traditional
Multiple Subject Credential Program
- Human Development: CAS 101, 312, CAS 315, or 325A & B, or PSYC 361
or community college equivalent.
Click here for acceptable Community College Courses
- EDEL 315 ("B-" or better required)
- EDEL 325 ("B-" or better required)
- Completion of General Education and no more than 6 units remaining in the major. (Notice: One does not need to have graduated to enter the credential program. We recommend the student complete the entire major prior to entering the program.)
- GPA > 2.75 (last 60 units)
- Passing score on the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST)
Click here for CBEST Information
- Subject Matter Competency: Passing score on the CSET
Click here for CSET Information
- Experience working with children
- Completed application to the credential program including faculty recommendations, autobiography, TB clearance and background check. There is a $50 application fee.
|University Application Begins
Visit the Admission to Teacher Education page for more information, including dates and times for Credential Program Overviews.
*Ideally, students should take at least one of the EDEL prerequisite classes at CSUF prior to submitting the application so a letter of recommendation from that instructor can be included with the application.