Admission Requirements for the Single Subject Credential Program
- The Secondary Teaching Experience: EDSC 310*
- Adolescence: EDSC 320
- Literacy Development in Secondary Schools: EDSC 330
- Teaching Diverse Populations in Secondary Schools: EDSC 340
Prerequisite courses (EDSC 310, 320, 330, 340) policy: An average of 3.0, with no grade lower than a C.
EDSC 304, 307, and EDSC 410 are NOT included in this specific average, as they are not official prerequisites.
- EDSC 304 or 307 (may be taken while in the credential program
or may be met by passing CSET 133 & 134 if not completing
an SSMPP that includes the course)
**Foreign language credential students must take FLED 307 in
lieu of EDSC 304 as a prerequisite to the credential program.
- GPA: >2.67 (overall) or 2.75 (last 60 units)
- Subject Matter Preparation Program: SSMPP 100% or CSET Exam
for CSET Information
- California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST)
for CBEST Information
- Experience working with young people (if available)
- Completed application to the credential program including faculty
recommendations, autobiography, TB clearance and background check.
*Music majors should take MusEd 394a/b and MusEd 395a/b in lieu
of EDSC 310.
Deadline for applications:
Fall semester* February 28th
Spring semester* September 30th
Feel free to visit the Admission
to Teacher Education page.
*Some programs begin only in fall or only in spring.