- July 2018
- Stevan Pecic joins The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at Cal State Fullerton as an Assistant Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry.
- June 2018
- After 10 years as the administrative coordinator for the department, Ocena Corbin announces her retirement. Congratulations!
- May 2018
- Long time staff member Brad van Mourik announces his retirement after many years as being the computer technician. Thank you for your dedication to the department!
- April 2018
The College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics held its 35th Annual Awards Reception on April 18, 2018 at the TSU Pavilions. Each of the Departments in the College gave recognition, scholarships and awards to its outstanding undergraduate and graduate students. Awards were also given to outstanding faculty and staff within the College.
- January 2018
- Professor Harold Rogers retires from the department after serving our students and the university and college for over 40 years!
- Dr. Allyson Fry was elected to Executive Committe of SNS-HFIR User Group. This committee represents all the national and international neutron users at Oak Ridge National Lab. She will serve a three year term.
- September 2017
- Elaine Mina, a CSUF alumna joins the department as the chemical stockroom manager. She received her B.S. degree in Chemistry from California State University, Irvine, and her M.S degree in Chemistry from California State University, Fullerton. During her time at CSU Fullerton, she worked for Dr. Christopher Hyland where she conducted research of palladium-catalyzed amination of benzylic carbonates utilizing N-heterocyclic carbene ligands. She is happy to be back at CSUF.
- August 2017
- Biochemist Marcos E. Ortega, a native of El Paso, Texas, studied how viruses replicate at the University of Colorado Denver and Health Sciences Center, where he earned a doctorate in biochemistry. Following postdoctoral fellowships at USC and Harvey Mudd College, he landed a teaching position in 2013 at Macalester College in St. Paul, Minnesota.This fall semester, he joins Cal State Fullerton as an assistant professor of chemistry and biochemistry. Ortega also holds a bachelor's degree in chemistry from Grinnell College in Iowa.
- Daniel Curtis joined Cal State Fullerton's Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry this fall as an associate professor. He previously spent nine years as a faculty member at Cal State Northridge. He earned his doctorate in atmospheric and analytical chemistry from the University of Colorado Boulder and held postdoctoral research positions at the University of Iowa and the University of California, Los Angeles. He also holds a bachelor's degree in chemistry from Emory University in Atlanta. Dan Curtis and his students are studying how aerosol particles influence the Earth’s climate, urban visibility and public health.
- Kelvin Billingsley joins CSUF as an assistant professor of chemistry and biochemistry. He earned his doctorate in organic chemistry from Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He conducted postdoctoral research in medicinal chemistry and radiology at Stanford University and also holds a bachelor's degree in chemistry from the University of South Carolina.