Instructional Student Assistant & Student Assistant Positions
An Instructional Student Assistant or Student Assistant is a CSUF graduate or undergraduate student who is appointed at an hourly rate to perform teaching, grading or tutoring duties, during an academic term, under the direct supervision of an appropriate faculty member.
Duties may include the following:
- Providing classroom, laboratory, and/or field instructional assistance to a faculty member or student,
- Assisting with laboratory periods, workshops, or other course activities,
- Administering to students course materials or assignments prepared by the supervising faculty member,
- Grading student work and otherwise assessing student performance, and
- Holding scheduled office hours to provide tutoring or other assistance to students.
Participation in the Laboratory Safety Class offered by the CSUF Research and Instructional Safety Office is required for continued appointment (if lab work is part of the assigned duties).
Qualifications and Hiring Criteria*
- Currently enrolled or admitted to a CSUF degree program.
- Knowledge of the subject matter of the course(s) to which the individual is assigned.
- Familiarity with CSUF and Chemistry and Biochemistry Department policies and procedures on field trips, Department vehicle use, and lab safety is expected, where appropriate.
- Ability to relate well to others within the academic environment.
- Ability to supervise, assist, instruct, and evaluate students effectively.
- For the initial appointment, evidence of satisfactory achievement in previous academic work and for reappointment, agreement by research adviser if applicable.
*Note: Exceptions to the minimum eligibility qualifications may be granted at the sole discretion of the University.
Classification, Salary and Continued Appointment
For subsequent appointment, the student must be in good standing, as defined by the University and Department, and the student’s previous performance must have been evaluated as satisfactory, with re-hiring recommended.
To apply, please contact Cristina Lee: Chemistry and Biochemistry (657) 278-3624.
Application review will begin prior to the beginning of the Fall and Spring semesters. For more detailed information about the department and this position contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cal State Fullerton is an Equal Opportunity Title IX/503/504/VEVRA/ADA Employer