Tenure Track Faculty Positions
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at California State University, Fullerton invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor position in EXPERIMENTAL INORGANIC CHEMISTRY with appointment to begin Fall 2020.
The successful candidate will be expected to maintain an active, externally funded research program involving undergraduate and Master's students, and be comitted to excellence in teaching and mentoring a diverse student population. Teaching responsibilities will include undegraduate and graduate level lecture courses in Inorganic Chemistry, lecture and laboratory courses in General Chemistry, as well as specialty courses in the candidate's area of expertise. We are particularly interested in candidates whose research interests complement the department's existing biochemistry and chemistry research programs. Preference will be given to candidates whose research involves major instrumentation currently available in the department including EPR, NMR, and powder XRD. Interdisciplinary research collaborations within the department, college or university are encouraged.
- Ph.D in Inorganic Chemistry or closely related discipline at the time of application
- Postdoctoral research or equivalent experience
- The ability to teach both lecture and laboratory courses using student-centered, active learning and inquiry-based approaches at the undergraduate and master's levels
- A demonstration potential for effective teaching in Inorganic Chemistry and General Chemistry
- A strong record of research productivity in experimental inorganic chemistry
- A demonstrated potential for developing and sustatining an independent externally funded research program involving undergraduate and master's level students leading to peer-reviewed publications
- A demonstrated committement to education, and the ability to communicate effectively with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus population.
A complete on-line application must be received by electronic submission in order to receive consideration. To apply, visit http://hr.fullerton.edu/careers/ to view all job listings and provide the following required materials:
- Letter of application in which you respond to the required qualifications
- Curriculum vitae
- A statement of teaching philosophy and experience that addresses teaching diverse populations (3-page limit)
- A statement of research experience and projects specifically designed to engage undergraduate and Master's students, with description of strategies to obtain funding, including anticipated equipment needs (4-page limit)
- Copies of relevant peer-reviewed publications - limit of 3 (submit a single pdf)
- A list of three references with relevant contact information (to be submitted as part of the on-line application)
Finalists will be asked to submit three letters of recommendation. Please have these ready for the referents to submit. Please not send additional materials until requested to do so. The finalists fot the position will be contacted with information on when and how to submit. Finalists will be required to submit all materials for full consideration.
Please request all questions about the position to: Cristina Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (657) 278-3624
Review of applications will begin on September 16, 2019 and will continue until the position has been filled.
The anticipated appointment date is Augusat 17, 2020.