Volunteer Opportunities In The Asian Community
Communities across the United States are becoming more culturally and ethnically diverse. Demographers predict that by 2050, most Americans will be from a minority group. This increasing diversity changes the nature of the population served by volunteer base. Orange County has a significantly great Asian and Pacific Islander Community including new immigrants and refugees. Here are a few organizations that work with predominately Asian communities and are looking for energetic and enthusiastic volunteers like you! Contact them to learn more.
Asian Community Contact List
- Vietnamese Hope Community Center
- Santa Ana (714) 265-1181
- Students help with maintenance, yard work, clean classrooms, organize papers, work in the reception area, and translate material for Vietnamese speakers.
- The Cambodian Family
- Santa Ana (714) 571-1966
- Volunteer to mentor or tutor Cambodian children from 4:00p.m.-6:00p.m. Tuesday through Thursday.
- Acacia Adult Day Services-Northwest
- Garden Grove (714) 527-3686
- Volunteer at an organized day care program of therapeutic recreation, health, and social services for serving adults with disabling physical and/or mental functioning problems.
- St. Anselm’s Cross Cultural Community Center
- Garden Grove (714) 537-0608
- Volunteer with Vietnamese English instruction, elderly day care, English instruction, and translation/interpretation services.
- Cooperative Extension Orange County
- Costa Mesa (714) 708-1606
- Work with the learn-at-home and nutrition education program. Volunteer to make phone calls to the Vietnamese community.
- Vietnamese Community of Orange County
- Santa Ana (714) 558-6009
- Volunteer to help seniors from Vietnamese community. Assist at the front desk and utilize your computer skills.
- Boat People SOS
- Westminster (714) 775-2214
- Volunteer to translate legal documents, teach English, coordinate programs for the Vietnamese community. Volunteers are required to have strong English skills.