When to Refer a Student
Different signs of distress could raise concerns. These may be behaviors that you observe or that are reported to you by students, faculty, staff, or visitors. Examples of circumstances that would be appropriate for a referral and outreach may include, but are not limited to, instances where a student...
- Writes about threats to harm themself or others.
- Reports feeling overwhelmed, stressed, anxious, isolated, or depressed.
- Is going through family, relationship, or interpersonal problems.
- Experiences grief due to the loss of a loved one.
- Lacks a social support network.