Asian and Pacific Islander Graduate Recognition Ceremony
The Asian American and Pacific Islander Faculty and Staff Association (AAPIFSA) at CSUF invites you and your family to attend the 11th Annual Asian and Pacific Islander Graduate Recognition Ceremony on Saturday, May 11, 2013, 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm in the TSU Pavilions. This event is an opportunity for family and friends to celebrate the accomplishments of our API graduates. Students who attend and participate in the ceremony will be individually recognized and receive a sash. All graduating students are invited to participate.
- This event is free of charge. No tickets are required. However, guest seating is limited and will be available on a first come-first served basis.
- Parking will be available free of charge in the State College Parking Structure. (Campus Map)
- In keeping with the ceremonial nature of this event, academic regalia (cap and gown) is required for all graduates.
- Graduates are asked to arrive by 1:00 pm to prepare for the processional.
- Graduates must attend the ceremony to receive a sash.
- A reception with light refreshments will follow the ceremony.
- This year's key note speaker will be Tam Nguyen, President and Owner of Advance Beauty College based in Garden Grove, California and President of the Vietnamese American Chamber of Commerce of Orange County.
Asian American and Pacific Islander Faculty and Staff Association (AAPIFSA) Outstanding Graduate Award
Students are encouraged to apply for the AAPIFSA Outstanding Graduate Award. This award is given each year to a graduating student who has made a significant impact on campus and/or in the community and who demonstrates leadership potential. The award includes $100, a plaque to be presented at the 2013 API Graduate Recognition Ceremony, and to be the student speaker at the 2013 API Graduate Recognition Ceremony. Click here for an application. Applications are due Friday, April 12, 2013.
This event is sponsored by the Asian American and Pacific Islander Faculty and Staff Association, Asian American Studies Program, Asian Pacific American Resource Center, and the Multicultural Leadership Center.
Capacity for this event has been reached. However, the Asian American and Pacific Islander Faculty and Staff Association decided to re-open registration to accommodate more students.
PLEASE NOTE: if you choose to register and attend the ceremony, you will be individually recognized, but there is a chance you might not receive a sash because of limited supplies.
If you want your name to appear in the program, you must register by Monday, April 22.
Please log-on using your Portal username and password. Click here to register.
The PDF files in this site require Adobe Reader version 9.40 or greater. Click here to get latest Adobe Reader.