Pan-African Student Recognition Ceremony
The African American Faculty and Staff Association (AAFSA) at CSUF cordially invite you to participate in the 25th Annual Pan-African Student Recognition Ceremony on Sunday, May 5, 2013, 12:00pm – 2:00 pm in the Titan Student Union, Pavilions ABC. The Pan-African Student Recognition Ceremony is an annual celebration that honors our Pan-African graduates for their achievements. This year’s theme is Ujamaa - Cooperative Economics - one of the seven principles of Kwanzaa. Ujamaa calls on us to build and maintain our own stores, shops, and other business and to profit from them together.
We hope you, your family, and friends will be able to join us for this ceremony and reception.
- This is a ticketed event. A nominal registration fee of $25 per student includes 1 student ticket, 4 guest tickets, and a commemorative gift pack. Payment must be received no later than Friday, April 26.
- Students who participate will receive a kente stole, a commemorative booklet containing short biographical statements of the graduate candidates, memorable photos of CSUF events, a graduate medallion with ribbon, a commemorative t-shirt, and a participation certificate.
- Students are invited to submit brief biographical statements for the commemorative booklet upon registration (Biographical Statement Instructions Pan-African Ceremony). You CANNOT make any changes to your registration or biographical statement after you submit.
- Student biographical statements must be completed at the time of registration - no later than Friday, April 12.
- Students, family, and friends can also purchase congratulatory messages for the commemorative booklet. (Pan-African Congratulatory Message Packet). Please complete and submit the payment from if you choose to purchase a message (Payment Form). Message and payment are due Monday, April 15.
- We also encourage you to apply for the Outstanding Senior Award. The selected students will deliver a brief speech at the ceremony (Outstanding Senior Application). Deadline to apply is 5pm, Friday, April 19.
- Additionally, AAFSA is holding a contest for graduation CSUF students to design the front and back cover art for the PASRC program to reflect the principle of Ujamaa. The winning design will be featured on the program, and the designer will receive a $500 award (Creative Activity Award). Deadline to apply is 5pm, Friday, April 19.
- In keeping with the ceremonial nature of this event, academic regalia (cap and gown) is required for graduating students.
- Students are also invited to appear in a group picture in their regalia for the commemorative booklet. The group picture will be taken at 12pm in front Langsdorf Hall water fountain
on Friday, April 12th
- Additional guest tickets may be purchased for $2.00 (cash only). Please visit Lisa Guillory or Ocena Corbin at the Chemistry and Biochemistry Department located in McCarthy Hall (MH) room 580 between the hours of 9:00am – 11:30am or 2:30pm to 4:30pm, Monday – Friday.
- Additional tickets will be sold on a first-come-first-serve basis until sold out. If available, additional tickets can be purchased at the event.
- We ask that the honorees arrive at the Titan Student Union no later than 11am on Sunday, May 5 to prepare for the processional.
- Parking will be free. Guests can park in the State College Parking Structure. (Campus Map)
- A reception with light refreshments will follow the ceremony.
This year's keynote speaker is new to the Titan family: Vice President for Student Affairs, Dr. Berenecea Johnson Eanes. (Dr. Eanes biography)
Register for the Pan-African Student Recognition Ceremony
This event is open to the first 150 students who complete the registration process. Registration for this event is open until capacity has been reached. REMEMBER: PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED BY FRIDAY, APRIL 26, 2013 TO COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION PROCESS.
To register for the event, please click here . Check this website and your email for updates regarding the Pan-African Student Recognition Ceremony
The PDF files in this site require Adobe Reader version 9.40 or greater. Click here to get latest Adobe Reader.