Student Life Programs
The Student Life Programs department within the Dean of Students Office is dedicated to generating greater involvement in co-curricular activities, promoting student leadership and personal development through clubs and organizations and facilitating student participation in community service and civic engagement.
Student Life Programs houses the Student Organization Resource Center (SORC) the Volunteer and Service Center (VSC) and the Club Sports Program.
To get the most from your college experience it’s important that you take some time to create a plan that integrates your academic pursuits and career interests, which will determine the choices you make about the time you spend outside of class. Active involvement both in and out of class contributes to your learning experience. Involvement in and out of class experiences can help you develop valuable leadership and organizational skills and contribute to your marketability.
- To find out more about joining a club or organization plan to participate in Discoverfest. Each semester Student Life Programs co-sponsors a student club and organization fair. This is a two day event that occurs at the start of the fall and spring semester. Discoverfest is held in the central quad. Here you can meet members and learn more about joining their organization.
- Sports Club Fest
- If you are interested in competing at the intercollegiate level there are a variety of Sport Clubs to choose from. Most clubs welcome any one who is willing to work hard and a willingness to compete. Sports Club fest is an excellent opportunity for students to get involved and become familiar with the many Sports Clubs teams here at CSUF. Sports Club fest is a two day event that occurs at the start of the fall and spring semester on the Titan walk. Team members are present to tell you more about how you can join. Please contact Student Life Programs for actual dates and times of this event.
- Empower Your Organization:
- A Conference for Club Advisors and Student Officers
- The purpose of the conference is to equip club advisors and student officers to cultivate dynamic organizations that will sustain members and run smoothly. Join us to hear motivational speakers, participate in interactive workshops, network with others college and universities in the local area, and start your academic year off fully prepared and excited to hit the ground running.
- To register for the conference or to find more information click here