ACE provides a blueprint which will guide you in organizing and capturing your experiences. Follow the steps below to begin your journey. You do not need to go through each step in order to utilize ACE. If you have already been participating in activities and are ready to start documenting, you can proceed to Step 3 Reflect.
ACE 5 Step Process
- Develop a plan which will serve as a guide for your personal exploration. Consider what skills you want to develop, as well as your academic and career goals, hobbies and special interests. Explore various opportunities here at Cal State Fullerton, as well as off campus. Learn more »
- Take part in the assortment of involvement opportunities available both on and off campus. Strengthen and develop various skills by becoming an active participant in your university and your community. Explore opportunities for involvement listed here »
- Reflect on your involvement and identify what you have learned, the skills you have developed or fine tuned, and how to effectively articulate this on paper. Learn more »
- Develop a Co-curricular Achievement Record (CAR). This step will enable you to document your experiences by describing what you learned and the skills you acquired. A worksheet is provided to help you organize your entries and keep an ongoing record of your involvement throughout your college experience. Start your CAR »
- After you have documented all of your experiences, you are ready to take the next step and apply the skills and knowledge you have gained. Through your involvement you have greatly enhanced your marketability, so learn how to highlight your co-curricular involvement as you apply for graduate school, careers and other professional endeavors. Apply yourself »