Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week:
November 13-16, 2018
We would like to invite you to participate in Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week, an annual, nation-wide event that draws attention to basic needs issues and the initiatives designed to address them. College students are especially vulnerable to experiencing food and housing insecurity. Findings from a study commissioned by the CSU Chancellor’s Office revealed that 41.6% of CSU students reported food insecurity and 10.9% reported experiencing homelessness one or more times in a 12-month period.
Tuffy’s Basic Needs Services Center, Associated Students Inc., and TitanWell have partnered to offer a variety of programs scheduled to take place November 13-16, 2018, including these highlights:
- ASI’s Just the Basics. ASI will launch a Mobile Food Pantry, host a housing resource fair, and a Farmer’s Market. Tuesday, November 13, 11am-2pm, Titan Walk.
- Basic Needs Panel Discussion: Addressing Housing, Food, and Financial Insecurity. Tuesday, November 13, 11am, TSU Alvarado AB.
- Financial Practices to Avoid a Crisis. Tuesday, November 13, 1pm, PLS-180.
- Healthy Eating On a Budget, Wednesday, November 14, 2:30pm, Gastronome 160.
- Film Screening: Storied Streets. This documentary examines homelessness across the country. Thursday, November 15, 12pm, EC-063.
Lunch will be provided at most events.