Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week:
November 18-22, 2019
We invite you to participate in Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week, an annual, nation-wide event that draws attention to basic needs issues and the initiatives designed to address them. College students are especially vulnerable to experiencing food and housing insecurity. Findings from a study commissioned by the CSU Chancellor’s Office revealed that 41.6% of CSU students reported food insecurity and 10.9% reported experiencing homelessness one or more times in a 12-month period.
Tuffy’s Basic Needs Services Center, Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County, Pathways of Hope, and Associated Students Inc., have partnered to offer a variety of programs scheduled to take place November 18-22, 2019, including these highlights:
- Spend Smart, Eat Smart. Monday, November 18, 11am-12pm, TSU Hetebrink.
- Understanding Homelessness presented by Pathways of Hope. Tuesday, November 19, 11am-12pm, TSU Ontiveros.
- Food and Housing Resource Fair. Wednesday, November 20, 11am-2pm, Titan Walk.
- Titan Bites Administrator Training, Wednesday, November 20 and Friday, November 22, 10am, Zoom Presentation.
- What is Food Insecurity? Presented by Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County. Thursday, November 21, 11am- 12pm, TSU Gilman.